Myrna Y. Padilla
Mynd Dynamic Team, Inc.
3rd floor Chinatown 168 Mall
Ramon Magsaysay Avenue 8000 Davao City, Philippines
- 2012 – Founder www.ofwwatch.com
- 2012 – Vice President Rotary Club Davao 2000
- 2011 – Name as the First Global Ambassador Telecentre.org’s: Digital Literacy Campaign
- 2009 – Vice President of Davao Software Industry Inc. (DSII)
- 2008 – Adviser Microsoft Tulay
- 2008 – Founder International Federation of OFW’s and families
- 2006 - Founder Mynd Tech Management Services (BPO)
- 1999 – Founder Mindanao Hong Kong Worker’s Federation
- 1988 -2006 OFW, Domestic Helper
Myrna has won dozens awards and certification of appreciation for her work with OFWS and her accomplishments in business. Below are the major ones:
- 2008 – OWWA Region XI Outstanding Achievement Award for Landbased OFW.
- 2009 – Department of Trade and Industry Region XI DTI, and Go Negosyo “Most inspiring Entrepreneur in Davao” under the SMEs category.
- 2010 – Global Pinoy Award by SM
- 2012 – OBRA Outstanding OFW and Balikbayan Reputation Award
Myrna Y. Padilla grew up as the eldest daughter of a simple fisherman from a poor undeveloped fishing village in Loay, Bohol. Her first job was pounding rice at the age of nine. At ten, she was driving alone in the sea for seaweed to help feed her family and to purchase her school supplies.
In order to break the cycle of poverty she was born to, like many other Filipinos, she sought meaningful employment overseas. As an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) for over 20 years, Myrna successfully accomplished her original objective to provide for a college education for her two daughters.
Along the way, she founded the Mindanao Hong Kong Worker’s Federation where she developed her leadership and public speaking skills. Myrna also began taking courses in computer technology that she would then apply to the operation of MinFed. It was here that Myrna began to fully appreciate the empowering nature of technology.
Mindanao Hong Kong Worker’s Federation 2000 -present
In 2000, she founded the Mindanao Hong Kong Worker’s Federation to serve as an advocate for the OFW in Hong Kong. Under her leadership, MinFed grew to be one of the largest federations of its kind in the world with 12 affiliated associations. As the organization’s Chairman for eight years, Myrna developed programs and processes, including computer literacy, specifically designed to confront issues associated with Materialism, Dependency and the Fatalism that often follows from the lost hopes created by the OFW’s economic situation and worsened by the separation from family and loved ones.
Her experience in the leadership of MinFed taught her to motivate herself and to know her own weaknesses. It taught her to listen and understand the people’s needs; especially the needs of OFWs. Most importantly, it taught her lessons in Building a Team and, in retrospect, was one of the most significant events in her life.
For her efforts, Myrna was awarded the 2008 OWWA Region XI Araw ng Pasasalamat – Outstanding Achievement Award for Landbased OFW .
Mynd Consulting 2006 – present
In 2006, Myrna returned to the Philippines, and using money she had saved from her long service pay, founded Mynd Tech Management Services. Her goal was to do her part to stop the brain drain of the Philippine’s best and brightest. From a small contract and two employees, she has grown Mynd into one
of the most successful business process outsourcing in IT Industry and became member of ICT in Davao. Located in the prestigious Landco Corp Center, Mynd now has 20 full time employees and provides world class software development services to clients in local and overseas.
For her efforts, the Davao Chamber of Commerce and Go Negosyo named Myrna as one of the 2009 Most Inspiring Entrepreneurs in Davao.